When a child or young person is diagnosed with cancer it can have a big impact on a family’s financial circumstances. Early intervention—speaking with a financial counsellor—can help mitigate the financial distress that serious illness often imposes.
Kildonan UnitingCare offer a free and confidential telephone financial support service for families of children with cancer; this service is call WeCare. If you are, or anyone you know is, in this terrible circumstance please make them aware of this service.
WeCare provide fully qualified and experienced financial counsellors who are able to give families independent and informed advice, including:
- An assessment of a family’s financial situation
- Advice on entitlements and applications for Centrelink benefits, concessions and grants
- Help with prioritising bills and debts
- Linking them to other support services, including available financial assistance programs
The service operates nationally Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm AEST.
For more information visit
- Call WeCare toll free from anywhere in Australia on 1800 545 366.
- Email your WeCare referral form to: WeCare@kildonan.org.au