VAHPA is a specialist Union that promotes and defends the industrial, professional and democratic interests of our members.
As a not-for-profit association that is run by and for members, we encourage all Allied Health Professionals to join and be active in VAHPA.
- To achieve fairness, equality and opportunity in the workplace and the wider community
- To promote recognition and respect for the role of Allied Health Professionals in a caring community and a healthy society
- To create a healthcare system that supports Allied Health Professionals to deliver high-quality care in work that is meaningful and appropriately rewarded
- To improve the general well-being of Allied Health Professionals and seek a future for our members, families and communities that is equitable and sustainable
- To build a democratic organisation that delivers services and benefits to members efficiently
- To organise workplaces so that our members are empowered to achieve their professional objectives and industrial aspirations
- To win concrete improvements in the pay, conditions and rights of our members
- To provide leadership on professional issues including standards, innovation, education, funding, policy and legislative reform
- To form cooperative alliances with professional associations, unions and other organisations in pursuit of our members’ interests
YOUR RIGHTS AS ALLIED HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- Decent wages and fair working conditions
- Secure employment and protection against unfair treatment in the workplace
- Employment that enables a balance between work and family
- Safe, secure and healthy workplaces free of harassment or discrimination
- Join and be represented by your Union and to bargain collectively
- Easy access to information and representation from your Union in the workplace
- Democratically appoint Union delegates and health and safety representatives
- Information and genuine consultation from employers on issues affecting your work
- Legal, ethical and environmentally sustainable conduct by your employer.