VAHPA is standing up for Community Health Allied Health workers in Victoria in their fight for fair pay and conditions.
Allied Health Professionals working in the Victorian community health sector have voted overwhelmingly to endorse a new collective agreement. More details of what this agreement entails can be read here, but among the improvements in this agreement includes:
- Improved Grade 1 classification structure.
- Faster progression for Grade 1 Allied Health Professionals doing home visits, and;
- Automatic progression from Grade 1 to Grade 2 after a year at the top of the Grade 1 year 5.
The new agreement will also provide pay parity with Allied Health Professionals working in the public sector – including uplifts at Grades 1, 2 and 3, and contains the following pay increases:
- 5.25% back paid to 12 July 2018
- 3% back paid to 1 November 2018
- 3% from 1 November 2019
- 2% from 1 July 2020
There is also a lump sum payment for the period prior to 12 July 2018. Classification structure improvements will also be effective from 12 July 2018.
It was a long and often hard fought road – but these improvements came about due to the hard work and dedication of VAHPA members working in the community health sector.
If you work as an Allied Health professional in the Community Health sector, VAHPA is your union. Join today!