The VAHPA meets standards of accounting and reporting that ensure full compliance with the Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act. Our financial accounts are independently audited to ensure your money is properly spent.
Since late 2012, there has been a fundamental restructuring of the Union by the new leadership. This has included:
- Strict controls on how the Union spends your money
- A comprehensive overhaul of governance and compliance
- Full transparency and caps on Union salaries
- Structural separation from Health Services Union (HSU) branches
- Effective budgeting measures to facilitate the implementation of part-time membership rates
- An entirely new staff team with a modern office and extended opening hours
- Member control of our Union
For more updates on VAHPA governance, please see our policies.